Saturday, June 30, 2007

I promised a couple days ago that I would try to get some of the pictures of the students who came on my talkshow Thursday morning and post them here, since I didn't have acces to them when I wrote about it. Sami is in the blue shirt on my left side, Zoe is on my right side, she has the really long hair, and the girl on my far left just traveled here by sailboat with her parents. They are Australian, went to Japan to buy the boat, and now they are in the process of sailing the boat back down to Australia. Many thanks to www.greencnmi.com for allowing me to use these pictures on my website. You can also go there and see them.

This is Mylene and Sami, they did some very creative public service announcements for Beautify CNMI which you'll be hearing a lot of on the radio stations. You can actually click on this link to take you to their website where you can also listen to the psa's. By the way, they were written by the students themselves from the information they have learned in the camp this year. Now that's putting their newly acquired knowledge to use right away. Angelo was the one who came up with the idea of having the campers write and record their own psa's using the knowledge they learned from camp. Great concept! By the way, Angelo did a cool little video clip on You Tube using the audio from the psa's, definitely worth watching.

And this is the group that wrote and recorded the Beautify CNMI song, I was totally impressed with the song, and love hearing it on the radio. You can also go to Angelo's website to listen to the song. In this picture are Hope, Ann, Rose and Zoe. I'm hoping that these girls are so inspired by having their own song play on the radio, that they'll keep writing more songs about the environment and our islands and that I can put those on the radio too. What an awesome group of students, I hope you enjoy listening to them on the radio as much as I do, because I think we're going to be hearing a lot more from all of them in the coming days.

3 comments:

The Saipan Blogger アンジェロ・ビラゴメズ said...

Thanks again, Harry.

marianas life said...

yeah thanks harry. the kids really enjoyed it.

said...

Hey Harry, Thanks for giving us the opportunity to record our PSA's. I really enjoyed doing it!